Modified Rules "Youth" Division (11-14 yrs. old)
Guidelines for Modified Sepak Takraw Rules:
1. Allow bounces between kicks/hits, and don’t count the number of hits per side … as long as the ball is bouncing or in the air, the ball is “alive”.
2. Rotation of players upon the service returning to their side (similar to volleyball).
3. Allowing players to toss the ball up to themselves, then kick it over the net for the serve (opposed to one of their forwards at the net tossing the ball to them).
4. Allowing every first serve (after a rotation when the serve returns to that team) two chances to get the ball over the net and in bounds.
5. Kicking contact point on a serve must be from below the waist.
6. Modified score keeping/game length (mainly dependant on amount of time available):
a. Play single set matches that are timed and whoever is ahead when time is up is the winner, each match being 20 minutes long for example;
b. OR just play single sets of up to 15 pts. (must win by two pts. up to a ceiling of 17);
c. OR play best of out 3 sets (each set going up to 15 or 17 pts.) wins the match instead of best out of 5 sets (as is the current standard rules);
d. OR play the best out of 5 sets wins the match but with each set only going up to 8 pts. (must win by two pts. up to a ceiling of 10).